Harringay

The remaining outer side of the former northbound island platform at Harringay station looking north on 21st November 2019. This station was added to the GNR's London Extension of 1850 on 1st May 1885 as Harringay and was renamed Harringay West on 18th June 1951. The original and much more grand ticket office on the bridge suffered severe fire damage in the early 1960s and by 1969 the remains had been replaced by a small timber shack which is still there today. The station reverted to its original name on 27th May 1971; the inner half of this platform on the down fast track was abolished when the London suburban services were electrified on and from 8th November 1976, leaving the station a shadow of its former self.

Location: Harringay

Company: London to Peterborough (Great Northern Railway)

Photographer: David Bosher

Make contact: David Bosher

Date: 21/11/2019

Image number: 71836


Other photographs of Harringay on RailScot