Ferryhill Junction

In the gathering darkness is this view to the north of the signals nearest to Ferryhill Junction box and that Class 40 was moving about again. The 'light in the sky' is a reflection of the interior lighting off the window glass. It was in this area that the first Aberdeen station was located. Ferryhill Station was used jointly by the Aberdeen Railway Company (ARCo) from 1850 to 1854 and by the Deeside Railway Company (DRCo) for passengers from September 1853 to August 1854. The DRCo also used it for goods from September 1853 to November 1853 after which they were forced by ARCo to leave and find another location for a goods station.

Location: Ferryhill Junction

Company: Aberdeen Railway

Photographer: Charlie Niven

Make contact: Charlie Niven

Date: 1980

Image number: 71835


Other photographs of Ferryhill Junction on RailScot