The site of the westbound platform at Highgate Road (High Level), seen from a London Overground GOBLIN service to Barking, soon after departing from Gospel Oak, on 16th September 2019. This station was opened by the Tottenham & Hampstead Junction Railway with the line in 1868 and closed as a First World War economy in 1915. The low level platforms on the 1870 spur down to Kentish Town remained open until 1918. Although the high level platforms closed in 1915, the line between Gospel Oak and the quaintly-named Junction Road Junction, where the spur from Kentish Town joined the THJR, did not close to passengers until 1925 when the service to Chingford, via a route impossible today, was withdrawn. It reopened to passengers in April 1981 when trains from Barking were diverted to Gospel Oak from Kentish Town.
Location: Highgate Road High Level
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 71431