Recent cutting back of trees on the bank to the south of Lancaster has opened up the previously inaccessible site of Lancaster Old Junction. In this view, looking north, the original line to the old Penny Street station diverged right, and remained open until 1967 for goods traffic. A small engine shed was also sited in the cleared area until 1934. Pendolino 390046 swings round the curve from Castle station to pass the site with an Edinburgh to Euston service on 14th October 2019.
Location: Lancaster Old Junction
Company: Lancaster and Carlisle Railway
Photographer: Mark Bartlett
Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett
Image number: 70757