Niddrie NCB Shed

NCB 0-6-0ST No.25 (Andrew Barclay 2358 of 1954) has her ashpan cleaned out at Niddrie engine shed in 1971. The Landsale Yard was the surviving was the last surviving part of the Niddrie & Benhar Coal Company's system, handling a daily trainload of coal for distribution. The loco later moved to Polkemmet Colliery and is now preserved at the Scottish Industrial Railway Centre, Waterside.

Location: Niddrie NCB Shed

Company: Niddrie and Benhar Coal Company

Photographer: Bill Roberton

Make contact: Bill Roberton

Date: 1971

Image number: 70289