Clarkston (Lanark)

Heavy plant occupying the trackbed of the Airdrie - Bathgate route at Drumgelloch on 11 September 2009 as work continues on demolition of Towers Road bridge. View north towards the junction of Towers Road and the A89, with the site of the original Clarkston (Lanarks) station (1862-1956) and the still to be built Drumgelloch (second) station on the other side of the bridge. Note the sections of the supporting structure for the new bridge already in place. For a view of the completed replacement bridge see image 28847.

Location: Clarkston (Lanark)

Company: New Monkland Line (Monkland Railways)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 11/09/2009

Image number: 69957


Other photographs of Clarkston (Lanark) on RailScot