Wickham Market Junction

Wickham Market Junction, just to the north of the station, was the point where the single track branch line to Framlingham left the Ipswich to Lowestoft East Suffolk Line. The branch closed to passengers in 1952 but freight continued for a further eleven years. The signal box stood just behind the Blackstock Crossing keeper's cottage. Further rationalisation later saw the main line singled between Woodbridge and Saxmundham. See query 2133

Location: Wickham Market Junction

Company: Halesworth to Woodbridge Extension (East Suffolk Railway)

Photographer: Mark Bartlett

Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett

Contact editor

Date: 02/08/2019

Image number: 69841