The gardens of Oswald Road form the backdrop as a Kilmarnock - Ayr train approaches Falkland Junction on 4 July 1959. Hurlford shed's class 2P 4-4-0 no 40668 is in charge, during what would be its final month in service. The locomotive was eventually cut up at Inverurie works in the spring of 1961.
Location: Falkland Junction
Contact photographer: G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow
Image number: 69454