LUL D78 stock (now withdrawn) on a District Line service to Wimbledon arriving at Sloane Square station on 9th November 2013. The gaudy platform wall tiles at this station have now been removed and replaced by plain black and white brick-like tiles, more in keeping with its original appearance, opened by the Metropolitan District Railway on 1st October 1868. Above the canopies, can be seen the brackets that once supported the station's all-over roof, destroyed in the London 'Blitz' in 1940.
Location: Sloane Square
Company: Metropolitan District Railway
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 68388