LUL 1962 stock with a Central Line train on the Epping to Ongar section at North Weald station in April 1982. The train is actually departing and heading away from the camera towards Epping. This station was opened by the GER in 1865 and first served by London Underground tube trains in 1957. The passing loop, which had been laid in by BR Eastern Region in 1949 on behalf of London Transport, was removed by LT in 1976. The loop and its platform and the goods yard have now all been restored as part of the heritage Epping Ongar Railway.
Location: North Weald
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 68211