Hardengreen Junction

Surviving tunnel mouth on the NB single line freight only route from Hardengreen Junction to Smeaton, photographed in March 2019. The route was closed in 1934, with the exception of the mile or so south of Smeaton Junction serving Dalkeith Colliery, which survived until 1980. This tunnel under Dalhousie Road, located 200 yards from Hardengreen Junction, is now sealed off and landscaped on the west side, while this east side view is only possible during winter/early spring. See image 48594

Location: Hardengreen Junction

Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 15/03/2019

Image number: 68132


Other photographs of Hardengreen Junction on RailScot