A complete load of rubbish. A full complement of compacted refuse containers from Powderhall eastbound through Portobello in August 2011 en route to Oxwellmains. A little to the left of the road junction is the site of a former railway junction (Leith South), where coal trains on the Lothian Lines once took the same route now followed by Sir Harry Lauder Road, skirting the north side of what was Portobello Yard, before turning south to cross bridges spanning both the ECML and the former Waverley Route. For a map see image 1404.
Location: Portobello West Junction
Company: North British Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 67926