The sleepiness of South Greenford station is briefly disturbed by the arrival of the ex-13.31 service from West Ealing to Greenford in the opposite platform on 9th February 2019. Though the line opened for goods in 1903 and passengers in 1904, this establishment was not opened until 20th September 1926 as South Greenford Halt and, until quite recent times, was still graced with GWR pagoda-style waiting shelters. The platforms (now also replaced) originally came from Trumpers Crossing (Osterley Park) Halte (sic) on the Southall to Brentford branch, which had closed on 1st February 1926 although the line stayed open for passengers until 4th May 1942 and is still partially open for freight. The Brentford branch is currently being considered for reopening to passengers.
Location: South Greenford
Company: Great Western Railway
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 67626