Wanstead Park

The entrance to Wanstead Park station, on what is now the GOBLIN section of the London Overground, is tucked into one of the 384 arches of the ex-Tottenham & Forest Gate Railway viaduct, which line opened from the Hampstead Junction Railway at South Tottenham to the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway at Woodgrange Park, on 9th July 1894. The viaduct runs from just east of Wanstead Park station to just east of Walthamstow Queen's Road station, trains ascending or descending from and to the latter via a steep incline. This view from the south side is on the bright but still quite cold morning of 13th February 2019. [Ref query 14 February 2019]

Location: Wanstead Park

Original line: Tottenham and Forest Gate Railway

Photographer: David Bosher

Contact photographer: David Bosher

Contact editor

Photosets: London Area Stations 2009-2023  Viaducts, used and disused, including views 2008-2023  

Date: 13/02/2019

Image number: 67613

Other photographs of Wanstead Park on RailScot