Logierait Viaduct

A vew from the former railway bridge over the River Tay on 4th November 2018. The Church of Logierait, on the north bank of the Tay, dates from 1806 but a church has stood here since at least AD650. Opened in 1865 by the Inverness & Perth Junction Railway, the bridge at Logierait (often known as The Tay Viaduct), comprises two 137-foot spans over the river, each formed of two lattice girders. These weigh a little over 100 tonnes apiece and gave the bridge a working load of 88 tonnes. It features side spans at both ends

Location: Logierait Viaduct

Company: Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway)

Photographer: Alan Cormack

Make contact: Alan Cormack

Date: 04/11/2018

Image number: 66346


Other photographs of Logierait Viaduct on RailScot