One of the former stations on the Edinburgh - Berwick route being considered for reopening is East Linton in rural East Lothian, some 20 miles out from Waverley. The station here opened in 1846 as plain Linton, with the name change taking place in 1864. East Linton closed to all traffic in May 1964. The old station buildings are seen here on 14 August 2018, with the LNER 0930 ex-Kings Cross about to run through en route to Edinburgh, where it is scheduled to arrive 16 minutes later.
Location: East Linton
Company: North British Railway
Photographer: Andy Furnevel
Contact photographer: Andy Furnevel
Image number: 65313