The LNER 1000 Edinburgh - Kings Cross about to run south through the site of Newhailes station on the western edge of Musselburgh on 5 July 2018. Opened as New Hailes in 1859, the name change occurred in 1938, with the station closing completely in 1950. No trace remains of the station, the tall signal box or the junction for the Musselburgh line (closed 1971) which left the ECML on the south side of the bridge behind the camera see image 40402.
Company: North British Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 64817