From 1863 until 1898 the only way to reach Perth from Inverness by rail was via Forres,over the Dava Moor to Grantown on Spey and Aviemore. One of the main civil engineering features of the line was the Divie Viaduct. The seven arch viaduct was completed in 1863.It was designed by Joseph Mitchell and the contractor was George Meakin of Birkenhead. The line closed in 1965 as part of the Beeching cuts. The viaduct now forms part of the 24 mile long Dava Way.
Location: Divie Viaduct
Company: Inverness and Perth Junction Railway
Photographer: John Gray
Contact photographer: John Gray
Image number: 64007