LMS era photograph of a Caley 0-4-4T with a mixed train at Wanlockhead. Of particular interest to the KERS is the veranda coach. This was one of four built by the Lancaster Carriage & Wagon Works for the 1908 line extension to Knott End See image 61713. Having taken over the railway in 1923 the LMS introduced a steam railmotor and the distinctive coaches were transferred to Scotland to see out their days on the Wanlockhead branch.
Photographer: Knott End Collection
Make contact: Knott End Collection
Image number: 64057