The 1864 Niddrie station was very close to the original Edinburgh & Dalkeith one - more or less at Niddrie South Junction. Even this one was goods only by 1895. What looks like the steps to it can be seen to the right of Benedict Cumberbatch. Newcraighall station is off to the left. Newcraighall itself had little existence when Niddrie station opened, hence presumably the choice of name.
Location: Niddrie [3rd]
Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway
Photographer: David Panton
Make contact: David Panton
Image number: 64551