Bridge of Carron

Combined road and rail bridge at Carron. This bridge over the River Spey was built 1863 for the Great North of Scotland Railway by engineers McKinnon & Co, Aberdeen.The bridge formerly carried a single-track railway and still carries a road. (The last cast-iron bridge used for railway traffic in Scotland). View looking north.

Location: Bridge of Carron

Company: Strathspey Railway

Photographer: John Gray

Make contact: John Gray

Date: 27/05/2018

Image number: 64325


Other photographs of Bridge of Carron on RailScot