Eskbank and Dalkeith

The original Eskbank station looking south towards Hardengreen on a fine day in August 2011. Opened in 1847 as Gallowshall, it was renamed Eskbank in 1850. Between 1954 and closure in 1969 it carried the name Eskbank & Dalkeith. A new Eskbank station on the Borders Railway opened in 2015, just over a mile south of here.

Location: Eskbank and Dalkeith

Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 07/08/2011

Image number: 61290


Other photographs of Eskbank and Dalkeith on RailScot