ScotRail 158740 seen shortly after leaving Newtongrange on 9 July 2017 with the 1011 Edinburgh - Tweedbank. The photograph is taken from the area on the west side of the line, opposite the National Mining Museum, that now forms Butlerfield Industrial Estate. During World War 2 this was the site of a large coal stocking area and disposal point, originally set up by the Ministry of Power in 1942 and eventually abandoned in the 1960s.
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 60077