Logierait Viaduct is the only community-owned viaduct. The plaque reads:
The Tay Viaduct, Logierait.
First opened in 1865 by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway (later to become the Highland Railway), the Tay Viaduct passed into the hands of Kinnaird Estate in 1964 after the last train had crossed the bridge on 1st May of that year. In 1994 the estate gifted it to the local community which founded the Logierait Bridge Company (a company limit by guarantee with charitable status) to hold it.
In 2000/01 it was comprehensively restored at a cost of around £400,000 and re-opened as a community-owned road bridge.
Location: Logierait Viaduct
Photographer: John Yellowlees
Contact photographer: John Yellowlees
Image number: 60066