Charlesfield Halt

A BR Sulzer Type 2 with an up train on the Waverley route in the mid 1960s, seen here shortly after leaving St Boswells. On the embankment just above the rear coaches stood the wooden platforms of Charlesfield Halt, opened in 1942 to serve a Government munitions factory located off picture to the right. See image 58342

Location: Charlesfield Halt

Company: Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: Dougie Squance (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)

Make contact: Dougie Squance (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)

Image number: 58394


Other photographs of Charlesfield Halt on RailScot