Hyde Park Works [2nd]

The director's entrance to the North British Locomotive Company ('The Combine') offices in Springburn. The offices were opened in 1909, just after the merger of Neilson, Reid & Co, Sharp, Stewart & Co Ltd and Dubs & Co which created the company in 1903.

A locomotive is bursting out of the building with 'Speed' and 'Science' spelled out on either side.

This was not the only building in Springburn with a goddess and a locomotive - the Public Halls of 1902 also had one (demolished 2012).

Location: Hyde Park Works [2nd] (former)

Original line: North British Locomotives

Photographer: Ewan Crawford

Contact photographer: Ewan Crawford

Contact editor

Date: 2000

Image number: 57575

Other photographs of Hyde Park Works [2nd] on RailScot