The much modified and extended 1856 station building at Lindean in November 2016. The Galashiels - Selkirk branch lost its passenger service in 1951, although continued in use as a freight only line for many years. Following complete closure in 1964 part of the route was incorporated into the realigned A7 trunk road, which now runs past the east side of the building see image 57146. [Ref query 2835]

Location: Lindean (former)

Original line: Selkirk and Galashiels Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 10/11/2016

Image number: 57494

Other photographs of Lindean on RailScot