Colinton

The old goods platform at Colinton looking north east in August 2003. The station proper was located on the other side of the bridge carrying the B701 over the trackbed (and the Water of Leith). The line lost its passenger service in 1943, although freight traffic continued for more than 20 years serving the surviving paper mills see image 55024. [Ref query 2620]

Location: Colinton

Company: Balerno Branch (Caledonian Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 02/08/2003

Image number: 56932


Other photographs of Colinton on RailScot