The locomotive shed at Aviemore, displaying its opening date of 1898 on the front of the building, seen here looking north on 13 May 2002. Eventually closed by British Rail in the early 1960s (code 60B), it was subsequently taken over by its current owners the Strathspey Railway.
Location: Aviemore Shed
Company: Inverness and Perth Junction Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 55157