Connel Ferry

Connel Ferry station from the east end showing the alterations made for the Ballachulish branch and the branch's bridge. The original two platforms were retained but the former up platform became the branch platform, the down platform became the 'mainline' up platform and a new down 'mainline' platform provided on a new island platform face. To the south was a goods loop. A bay was installed at both ends - the west facing one being for branch trains and the east facing ones for loading vehicles to be taken over the bridge which at the time did not carry road traffic.

Location: Connel Ferry

Company: Callander and Oban Railway

Photographer: Ewan Crawford Collection

Contact photographer: Ewan Crawford Collection

Contact editor

Date: 1903

Image number: 53840


Other photographs of Connel Ferry on RailScot