This is the remains of the former Ardmore Level Crossing SB after it was destroyed by fire in the early 1970s. At the time the box had been in use as a PWay bothy and store, having been replaced by a new box diagonally across the LC (out of shot to the left) in 1943 when the Ardmore marshalling yard was opened. That box closed in 1976. Today there is only an REB to house the equipment for the AHB level crossing.
Location: Ardmore Level Crossing
Photographer: John McIntyre
Make contact: John McIntyre
Image number: 53819