A number of timelines merge at Galashiels on 4 December 2015. The line originally opened in 1856, closed in 1969 and reopened in 2015. In the service of Abellio since 2015, Class 158 No 158705, built in 1989, is seen here in the livery of First Scotrail which was first introduced in 2004. Discounting the remarkable line reopening, perhaps the most noteworthy part of the scene is the continued use of the British Rail double arrow logo, first introduced in 1965.

Location: Galashiels

Original line: Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: Malcolm Chattwood

Contact photographer: Malcolm Chattwood

Contact editor

Date: 4/12/2015

Image number: 53487

Tags: Abellio ScotRail
Other photographs of Galashiels on RailScot