View east over the Caledonian Railway's line to Anniesland Gasworks. This line was opened around 1905 and closed in the 1920s. It branched off the approach to Dawsholm station by Dawsholm shed before flying over the Caley's Dawsholm Gasworks Branch and the River Kelvin, passing through a tunnel and then emerging in this cutting by the Forth and Clyde Canal just east of Anniesland Gasworks. A connection to the existing NB sidings was made and further sidings provided. The later use for the trackbed was revealed when vegetation was hugely cutback around the time of the works to replace the bridge at Temple for the re-opening of the canal.
Location: Temple Gas Works
Company: Glasgow Central Railway
Photographer: Ewan Crawford
Make contact: Ewan Crawford
Image number: 52586