Scene at Lauder on Saturday 15 November 1958, featuring St Margarets BR Standard Class 2 2-6-0 no 78049, a mere 3 years old at that time. The locomotive had arrived with the BLS 'Last train to Lauder' from Fountainhall. Lauder station closed to scheduled passenger services in 1932, although freight continued over the line for many years, not least serving a large WW2 Ministry of Food buffer depot built alongside Lauder station see image 27003.
Company: Lauder Light Railway
Photographer: D Welsh Collection [Courtesy Bruce McCartney]
Make contact: D Welsh Collection [Courtesy Bruce McCartney]
Image number: 52205