The road approach to Ardrossan North station, viewed from the south east on 24 May 1960. The tall chimneys in the background are part of the large Shell refinery on the west side of the line see image 23867. By this time the station had been closed to passengers for some 28 years (July 1932). Demolition of the building would be completed by 1965, with the site subsequently used for lorry/coach parking.
Location: Ardrossan North
Company: Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway
Contact photographer: G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow
Image number: 51717