Southport Central

Southport, on the occasion of a 1982 open day at the Steamport preservation centre, with a Derby 108 DMU and Class 03 shunter being used on shuttles to and from Chapel St station which is just visible on the left of the picture. Moving across from left to right the still operational coal concentration depot can be seen and then the old steam shed, with BR Type 2 24081 visible. Above the DMU work has started on a supermarket on the site of the old Southport Central station. This had closed to passengers in 1901 but served as a goods depot until 1973 and had not long been demolished when this photograph was taken See image 57567

Location: Southport Central

Company: West Lancashire Railway

Photographer: Mark Bartlett

Make contact: Mark Bartlett

Date: 11/09/1982

Image number: 50540


Other photographs of Southport Central on RailScot