Only a few hundred yards separated Junction Bridge station from North Leith terminus and most of it was in tunnel. The eastern end of the platforms ended under the bridge then the line swung left to go through the Coburg St tunnel, the mouth of which was to the left of this picture. Not a trace remains. A coal depot occupied the foreground. The branch closed to passengers in 1947, on the eve of nationalisation.
Location: Junction Bridge
Company: Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway
Photographer: David Panton
Make contact: David Panton
Image number: 50385