Hardengreen Junction

The NB freight-only line between Hardengreen and Smeaton closed in 1934, with most of the route now obliterated or built over. A surviving memento is this partially filled in bridge that carried the B6392 over the line shortly after it left the junction. The west side is now a flat landscaped area, while to the east the cutting still survives beneath the foliage. View north towards the Eskbank roundabout on 3 September showing the western (top) and eastern parapets. See image 68132

Location: Hardengreen Junction

Company: Dalkeith Branch (North British Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 03/09/2014

Image number: 48594


Other photographs of Hardengreen Junction on RailScot