Laigh Milton Viaduct

Looking across the historic Laigh Milton Viaduct, spanning the River Irvine 5 miles west of Kilmarnock, in July 2014. Built by the Kilmarnock and Troon Railway in 1812 it closed in 1846 when the railway was realigned. Thought to be the oldest surviving viaduct on a public railway, the restored structure has been category A listed since 1982. See image 7023

Location: Laigh Milton Viaduct

Company: Kilmarnock and Troon Railway

Photographer: John Yellowlees

Make contact: John Yellowlees

Date: 17/07/2014

Image number: 48041


Other photographs of Laigh Milton Viaduct on RailScot