Located between Bellingham and Tarset, Charlton was the temporary terminus of the Border Counties Railway from 1861 to 1862. The terminus, consisting of a small timber platform and shelter, was located just south of Charlton House and remained marked on OS maps for some time after closure. This view looks west over the site in April 2013, from what would have been the platform end.
Location: Charlton [BCR]
Company: Border Counties Railway
Photographer: Ewan Crawford
Make contact: Ewan Crawford
Image number: 45623