Terminus Junction

GNSR 49 and NBR 256 lead the Scottish Industries Exhibition Special from Ayr to Kelvin Hall (was Partick Central) eastbound approaching Terminus Junction on the freight only lines below Shields Road. Out of sight to the left is the original Glasgow and Paisley Junction Joint Railway and its Shields Road station. The City of Glasgow Union Railway's Shields Road station is above the carriages and the Shields station on the Paisley Canal line is above the tunnel mouth and to the right. The left hand tunnel has the line from General Terminus and the splitting distant is for the curve to Muirhouse. Photographer unknown. See image 8029 for a view in the reverse direction above the tunnel.

Location: Terminus Junction

Company: General Terminus and Glasgow Harbour Railway

Photographer: Ewan Crawford Collection

Make contact: Ewan Crawford Collection

Date: 11/09/1959

Image number: 45591

Tags: Tunnel
Other photographs of Terminus Junction on RailScot