The surviving signal box at Abersychan & Talywain, north of Pontypool, photographed in 1977. Once part of the thriving coal and iron belt along the northern Afon Lwyd Valley, the local station here closed in 1941, although the line itself continued in use for freight until 1980.
Location: Abersychan and Talywain
Photographer: Ian Dinmore
Contact photographer: Ian Dinmore
Image number: 45129