The standard-gauge 'level-track' section of the Oberweissbacher Bergbahn runs 2.5 kms from Lichtenhain funicular terminus to Cursdorf, seen here on 30th June 2013. The line is electrified at 600v DC and is operated by three Class 479 railcars dating from 1923. This line, the funicular and the connecting Schwartzatalbahn were completely refurbished and modernised betwen 2000 and 2002 at a cost of 15m Euros - and all are still operated by publicly-owned DB Regio.
Company: Oberweissbacher Bergbahn
Photographer: David Spaven
Contact photographer: David Spaven
Image number: 44307