Dundonald Road bridge over the original line, seen from the south in March 2013. Beyond and hidden by fencing and foliage is the original Troon station, built in 1839 and closed in 1892 when the new station on the loop line was opened. The old one became the goods station although the through line was retained for trains avoiding Troon station. No trace remains of the yard - all is now housing.
Location: Troon [2nd]
Photographer: Colin Miller
Contact photographer: Colin Miller
Image number: 42538