This is the site of the original Cleland station (closed 1930) on the Caledonian Railway's extension of the Omoa Ironworks branch. The ironworks had been served by a branch (dating from roughly 1834) of the Wishaw and Coltness Railway. This was realigned and extended to Morningside in 1864. The view looks west towards Omoa Junction in 1997 and platform remains can be seen on the right. Behind the camera the line ran east to Drumbowie Junction.
Location: Cleland [1st]
Photographer: Ewan Crawford
Contact photographer: Ewan Crawford
Image number: 41943