About to leave the north portal of Rodney Street Tunnel, Edinburgh, on 8 January 2013. Opened by the Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway in 1847, the tunnel eventually closed in 1968. It was reopened in 2009 and now provides a walking/cycling link between the Broughton area and the New Town, avoiding busy roads.
Location: Rodney Street Tunnel
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 41645Tags: Tunnel