What was once Northallerton Town station, opened by the Leeds Northern Railway in June 1852 and closed less than 4 years later on 1 January 1856. Low Gates level crossing and signal box on the Northallerton - Teesside line can be seen on the north side of the A167 in the background, with the town's High Street off to the right. The refurbished and extended building, seen here in July 2012, is now a kitchen showroom.
Location: Northallerton Town
Company: Leeds Northern Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 40834