The abandoned shed at Grangemouth in the spring of 1995, more than 2 years after closure. The 6 road shed, built in 1908 to replace an earlier structure, closed to steam in November 1965 when it carried BR code 65F. After use as a diesel depot for several years it was finally closed completely in March 1993. The site was purchased by W H Malcolm in 1999, with the first phase of the WHM container depot officially opened in February 2001.
Location: Grangemouth Shed
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 4238