The parting of the ways. This is the former junction to the south of Parsley Hay station. To the right is the old LNWR line to Ashbourne, open from 1899 to 1963 and now the Tissington Trail. Swinging left is the much older (1825) Cromford and High Peak line, which never had a regular passenger service and reached Cromford by a series of inclined planes. This line finally closed in 1967 and has also been converted becoming the High Peak Trail.
Location: Parsley Hay
Company: Cromford and High Peak Railway
Photographer: Mark Bartlett
Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett
Image number: 39041