Bowland

Looking north along the Waverley trackbed at Bowland, the first station north from Galashiels, in June 2012. Directly ahead is bridge no 80 over the B710, beyond which stood Bowland signal box. Passenger access from road level was via a stairway to the down platform, with the up platform reached by means of a barrow crossing just before the bridge. Bowland station closed to passengers in October 1953 although the goods yard remained in use for a further 11 years. See image 36188

Location: Bowland

Company: Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 18/06/2012

Image number: 39274


Other photographs of Bowland on RailScot